The majority of the smartphone users have some sort of lock code on their screen. Moreover, another common problem arises when you are using the services of a network carrier and you want to switch to another carrier. Switching to another carrier requires a lock code too in the next paragraph you will see How to unlock samsung galaxy s6 in different carrier in the usa.
How to unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 for traveling and save on roaming
Be it the lock code on the screen or the lock code for switching to another network, we often get on the internet to find the answers. While some of us are able to get some answers online, the majority of us are still stuck even after a few days.
If you use Samsung Galaxy S6 and you want to switch to another carrier, this post is for you. No matter if you are using Verizon, AT&T, Sprint or T-Mobile network, this post will help you understand How to unlock samsung galaxy s6. Make sure that you read this post right till the end to understand the different ways in which you can unlock your Samsung smartphone. Rest assured that by the end of this post, you’ll definitely know how to do it properly
How to Unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 on Verizon
If you are looking for how to unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 or Edge with Verizon network, this method will definitely help you out.
Fortunately, the unlocking policy for Verizon is very relaxed as compared to other popular networks as the company doesn’t really lock most of the mobile phones. All the 4G LTE mobile devices are already unlocked right out of the box. If you want to head to another network and want to unlock the device, you can do it easily if you meet the below-mentioned criteria-
- If you purchased the device on 2-year contract, you should have already fulfilled the terms of the plan which is, your payments for all the 24 months should be paid and the account should be in good standing.
- If the device was financed with the help of Verizon Edge or other 2-year payment plan, the payment should have been completed and there should be no overdue bills.
- Your device should not be reported as stolen or lost and should not be associated with any kind of fraudulent activity.
If you do meet the above-mentioned criteria, you can easily unlock your device and use the services of any other network, if not you can Click here to unlock galaxy s6 verizon
Unlock Galaxy S6 AT&T for free
If you have been searching for how to unlock Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge AT&T, you are sure to find the required answers below.
If you are using a Samsung S6 with AT&T network and want to switch to another network, the company will provide you the unlocking instructions if required. Just make sure that you meet the unlocking criteria mentioned below-
- The device should not be reported as stolen or lost and should not be associated with any kind of fraudulent activity.
- If the device was purchased on a 2-year service plan with the subsidy, for unlocking you’ll have to fulfill the contract requirements without any kind of outstanding fees or bills.
- If the purchase was made with the help of installment payment method of AT&T Next, you’ll be required to clear all the outstanding payments.
- If you recently upgraded to a new device and want to unlock the old device, you should wait for 2 weeks to get the unlocking permission from the company.
- People who use postpaid plans should have an account which it at least 2 months old, whereas GoPhone/prepaid users should have an active account for at least 6 months.
If you do meet the criteria, you can get in touch with the company for unlocking your Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge. Moreover, the company has made the unlocking procedure very simple. You can visit the official website of the company to get the device unlocked. You’ll only be required to fill the Device Unlock Request Form for the same.
Once you have successfully submitted the form, you’ll receive a confirmation email for the same. However, the actual unlocking instructions might require 2-3 business days to arrive in your inbox. Some of the information that you’ll need to fill the form includes-
- Account number of device
- Name of account holder
- Mobile number attached to device
- Password of account holder
- MEID or IMEI number of the device
- Deployment papers if the device is to be unlocked for military deployment
If you do not meet the requirement below please CLICK HERE TO UNLOCK GALAXY S6 AT&T
Unlock Sprint Galaxy S6 to any other carrier worldwide
For the devices launched after February 2015, Sprint will automatically unlock your device when it is eligible. But if you want to do it yourself and have been searching for how to unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 Sprint, the below-mentioned information will help you out.
Just like other networks, you need to meet the eligibility criteria of Sprint to unlock your device. Sprint’s unlocking checklist includes-
- The device should not be reported stolen or lost and should not be linked to any kind of fraudulent activity.
- If the mobile phone was purchased on a 2-year plan with the subsidy, you’ll be required to fulfill all the requirements of the contract without any outstanding fees or bills.
- If the device was purchased with the help of installment facility from Sprint, like Sprint Lease or Sprint Easy Pay, you should have paid the entire cost of the device and no payments should be left for the device.
For unlocking the device, you’ll be required to get in touch with the customer care department of Sprint for domestic unlocking. However, if you are looking for military or international unlocks, you’ll be required to get in touch with the Worldwide Care department of the company.
Some of the other things that you’ll need for unlocking the device include account number which is attached to your device, name of the account holder, password of the account holder or last 4 digits of the social security number. You’ll also need the MEID or IMEI number of the device along with the phone number attached to the device. CLICK HERE TO UNLOCK GALAXY S6 SPRINT
How to unlock samsung galaxy S6 T-Mobile
Last but not the least, people searching for how to unlock Samsung Galaxy S6 on T-Mobile, here is what you can do.
While T-Mobile has a reputation of being an ‘uncarrier’, there are still a number of things one should know before they unlock their Samsung T-Mobile device. Currently, the carrier has limited the number of unlocks a customer can do in a year to two for each connection. This is generally adequate for most of the users. Apart from this, it is also important that you should be active on T-Mobile network for at least 40 days before you are eligible for unlock.
The unlocking checklist of T-Mobile includes-
- The device should not be reported as stolen or lost and should not be associated with any kind of fraudulent activities.
- If the device was purchased on 2-year contract, you should have made at least 18 payments on time or you will only get to switch to a Simple Choice plan. In both the cases, your account standing should be good without any overdue.
- If the device was financed through T-Mobile JUMP or Equipment Instalment Plan, you should have already paid for the device completely and there shouldn’t be any outstanding fees or balance.
- If the device is prepaid, it is important that the device has been active for at least 12 months to be eligible for unlocking. If it was not active for 12 months, there should have been recharge of $25 if it is a basic mobile and $100 of it is a smartphone since the time the service was activated.
- If there are no overdue bills and the account is paid up entirely, you can ask for unlocking any time irrespective of whether you are deployed military personnel or not. So, the carrier doesn’t make any kind of exception for deployed military personnel.
If you do meet the criteria mentioned above, you can get in touch with the customer care department of T-Mobile to get the Samsung Galaxy S6 unlocked. The details mentioned above for AT&T will be required for unlocking T-Mobile as well. Once the unlock request is approved, you’ll receive a code which you can use to unlock the device and switch to another network.
Last but not the least, if at all you do not meet the eligibility of the network carriers, what will you do? You can then search for unlock codes online. There are a few reliable providers that can help you unlock your Samsung Galaxy S6, s6 Edge, and S6 Edge Plus. As mentioned above, all you need to do is to provide the IMEI number of the device along with your email ID before making the payment for the code. Once the payment is processed successfully, you will directly receive the unlock code right into your email box.
While there definitely is money involved in this process, it is still an excellent choice if you do not meet the eligibility of the network providers. Moreover, the cost of such unlock codes from reputed providers is generally not very high.
Now that you know several answers to how to unlock Samsung Galaxy S6, S6 Edge, and S6 Edge Plus, it’s time to start using these methods to unlock the device as soon as possible. CLICK HERE TO UNLOCK GALAXY S6 TMOBILE