There are many reasons for unlocking your Samsung galaxy S7.
- It will save you a fortune when you are abroad. There will be no need to pay high roaming fees as you can insert a cheap local SIM card.
- It also gives you the freedom to choose your service provider that will give you the best tariffs from the locally competing networks.
- Unlocked phones generally have a higher resale value and are easier to sell.
Why let the service provider tell you what you are able to do with your personal phone? Unlocking your phone is within the law but ensure that you do not breach the contract you have with the service provider.
When you insert another SIM card into your phone and there is a message asking for a “SIM code” or “phone restricted” means your phone is locked. It means that the phone will need to be unlocked and if you are under contract you will need to use a third party unlocking service.
After reading this article you will know exactly how to unlock your Samsung S7 which will save money and more importantly you will have more freedom to choose which service provider to use.
Unlock Your Sprint Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge
Sprint uses LTE and even though the phones can use other GSM providers Sprint has removed the standard unlocking mechanism. Sprint will automatically unlock the device once the user is eligible. The requirements are as follows:
- The device has the capability of being unlocked either for domestic or international use.
- The device needs to have a certain amount of days that it has been active with Sprint.
- There is no money owing on the account and that the contract has been fulfilled.
- The device is legal, in other words not reported stolen or missing.
To unlock the phone through Sprint, follow these easy steps:
- Dial #06# from the phone you are using and it will display the IMEI number.
- Write it down because the customer care will ask for it.
- You call the Sprint customer service and request for the Samsung S7 to be unlocked. It is important to note that when you request you stipulate which unblocking service you would like.
- If it is international the phone will not operate within the United States with a SIM card from another service provider.
- If you need it to operate within the US you need to ask for the domestic option.
If you are not eligible You can use a third party unlocking sites who can unlock the phones through a USB connection. However, check with them if they are able to unlock the device that has been supplied by Sprint.
Requirements when using a third party unlocking service
- Provide the IMEI number
- Valid e-mail address for them to send the unlocking code
- If it is not a free service then you will need to provide the payment details before you will receive the unlocking service.
Unlock AT&T Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge to travel
If you are still under contract with AT&T then you will probably not be able to unlock your phone using their services. Therefore you will need to use a third party by following these simple steps.
- Dial #06# from your phone and you will receive the IMEI number
- Visit the third party website and select the model number
- Enter the phone IMEI number.
- You will require payment information because it is a paying service.
- Once you have received the SIM unlock code you change the SIM card.
- When the prompt “SIM network unlock code ” appears, enter the number that you have received.
- You will need to have a valid email address to receive the SIM code.
Unlock Verizon Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge to Any Carriers
Here is what you need to do for you to unlock your verizon galaxy s7 or s7 edge, simply follow these few steps below.
- Dial #06# from your phone and you will receive the IMEI number. Normally 15 numbers
- Make note of the number and go to this third-party service website
- Order the service because it is not free.
- You will receive the unlocking message via email.
- and boom your have unlocked your Galaxy S7 to use anywhere in the world.
Unlock Galaxy S7 or S7 Edge on Tmobile network
To unlock Galaxy S7 on T-Mobile network is easy with their pre-installed app. However, to use this service you will need to be eligible. The requirements are:
- The phone is fully paid,
- It has been active on the T-mobile network for at least 40 days
- The account must be in good standing.
If you have not met these requirements but would like to save money then you can use a third-party unlocking service provider.
Following these steps will allow you to unlock Galaxy S7 on T-Mobile network:
- Dial #06# and the IMEI will be displayed
- Make a note of this number and visit the third-party website
- Enter the IMEI number when requested.
- The unlocking code will be sent to your email address that you supplied
- Once you have received the unlocking code open the T-Mobile Unlock app on the phone
- You tap continue>permanent unlock.
- As soon as the phone is unlocked it will reboot and you are free to use it anywhere and with any SIM.
Unlock galaxy S7 or S7 Edge on Boost Mobile Network
To unlock Galaxy S7 on Boost Mobile Network can be done through a third-party that provides the service. Follow the following steps:
- Dial #06# from your phone and the IMEI will be displayed on the screen. Normally 15 numbers
- Then enter the model number of the phone on the website.
- Once the model number is displayed enter the IMEI number. The service provider will probably also need to know the country of origin.
- The service provider will send the unlocking code.
- Some service providers might supply more than one number. The procedure then is to enter the number and reboot the phone. If it is still locked then enter the next code. Reboot the phone until the correct code is entered and after that, the phone will be unlocked.
Unlock Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge on Cricket Network
Cricket Network will unlock phones that are using their network but there are some requirements to qualify for this service. The phone needs to be active for at least 6 months and registered with a paid service or you have an unlimited plan.
That restricts you from saving money with roaming charges while travelling or using another carrier.
- If that is the case you can use a third-party unlocking service.
- You will need the phones IMEI number
- Dial #06# and the IMEI number will be displayed.
- Provide the model Samsung Galaxy S7
- Provide a valid email address
- The unblocking code will be sent to the email address provided.
Once you have received the unlocking code turn off the Cricket Samsung Galaxy S7
- Insert the new SIM card
- Restart the phone and you will be prompted for the Unlock Code
- Enter the unlocking code
- The phone will then display ‘successfully unlocked”
- Your phone is free to be used with any SIM card and anywhere in the world.
How to Unlock Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge for Free
There are numerous websites that you can use to unlock your cell phone but they will generally, require payment. The service providers such as Sprint, AT&T and T-Mobile will provide this service for free if you are eligible. This will restrict you to one service provider for the period that you have a contract with them.
The high-end phones are expensive but have superior features to the cheaper models. Therefore, people use monthly payment terms to buy a phone but unfortunately restricts you to the carrier.
There are two different methods that you can use to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S7.
The easiest free method is to download the IMEI unlock code software onto your computer.
- Open the file and start the tool.
- Connect your cell phone to the PC using a USB cable.
- Fill your EMEI number.
- Model Samsung Galaxy S7.
- The current carrier.
- Then click on the IMEI unlock button.
The other way is very similar but it is using code generating software. The steps are very similar but the above method is the easiest.
How to get Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge unlock code via Third Party Service.
There are plenty of third-party services that will provide an unblocking code such as UnlockAuthority. Using a third party will probably cost some money but there are lots of advantages associated with using a paid service.
There are often cases where mobile phone users have tried to use free code generating software. If something should go wrong you will not be able to use your phone and you will need a technician to fix the problem. Not only is this frustrating it is time-consuming and will cost a lot more than using a paid third-party service such as UnlockAuthority.
In only a few steps you will be able to get a service that will ensure that you get the correct code and that the phone will be able to work seamlessly worldwide.
Connect to the third-party website UnlockAuthority
- They will require the IMEI number from you
- The payment method and details
- The carrier and which country you are currently in.
- A valid email address
- The code will be sent to your email address.
- Insert the new SIM and start the phone
- You will be prompted to provide the SIM unlock code which is the one that you were provided via email.
- Enter the number and your phone is free to use globally.
Using UnlockAuthority will give you the peace of mind that if something goes wrong you have the facility to contact customer care and solve it. Free services do not give you this service.
How to unlock Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge if you forgot the password
If you have forgotten your password to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S7 then follow the steps below.
- Download and install the Android Data Recovery program onto your computer.
- Press start.
- Connect the Mobile phone to your PC using a USB cable.
- Press recover device
- There will be a message ‘remove password completed’
- Check if the lock screen pass code has been removed from your phone.
Unlock Samsung Galaxy S7 and S7 Edge with a code generator
You want the freedom of using your phone with any SIM and anywhere in the world then you can unlock Samsung Galaxy S7 with a code generator tool.
- Down load the Samsung Galaxy Unlock Code generator software
- Open the tool and select your model
- State the IMEI code and an accurate email address
- Select the action you want ‘Samsung Galaxy S7 Code generator’
- Select unlock.
- The unlocking code will be sent to your email address.
Above are all the different methods that you can use to unlock your Samsung Galaxy S7. It is advisable to use a paid service like UnlockAuthority to ensure that it is done correctly and that you will have no problems with your mobile phone. Even if you do then you can always get into contact with customer care and the problem will be solved.